Chemical Name: beta-Carotene
Pack size: 1kg(custom packaging available)
Molecular formula: C40H56
Molar weight: 536.87 g/mol
CAS NO.: 7235-40-7
Purity: >20% DC/ 30% Oil
Storage: Store in a well-closed container away from moisture
β-Carotene is a strongly colored red-orange pigment abundant in plants and fruits. It is an organic compound and chemically is classified as a hydrocarbon and specifically as a terpenoid (isoprenoid), reflecting its derivation from isoprene units. Among this general class of carotenes, β-carotene is distinguished by having beta-rings at both ends of the molecule. Absorption of β-carotene is enhanced if eaten with fats, as carotenes are fat soluble.
Carotene is the substance in carrots, pumpkins and sweet potatoes that colors them orange and is the most common form of carotene in plants. It can also be extracted from the beta-carotene rich algae, Dunaliella Salina
Benefits of β-Carotene:
β-Carotene has been used to treat various disorders such as erythropoietic protoporphyria.
It has also been used to reduce the risk of breast cancer in women before menopause, and the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
1. Beta carotene powder is one of the most effective antioxidants against free radicals;
2. Preventing cancer, reduce oral cancer, breast cancer, cervical cancer, lung cancer risk;
3. Help to keep the lubrication and transparency of cornea, promote the health of the eyes;
4. Strengthen the immune system, strengthen the resistance;
5. Beta carotene powder help protect eyes crystal fiber section;
6. Beta carotene Prevention of cardiovascular disease;
7. Converted into vitamin A to help keep skin and mucous membrane of the organs within the cavity system normalization;
8. Strengthen the function of the reproductive system and urinary system, improve sperm vitality, to prevent prostate disease;
9. Improving and strengthen the respiratory system function.
Beta carotene is recognized to have functions of anti-oxidation, anti-tumor, caducity resistance, etc., for instance,beta carotene can improve immunity of AIDS patients.
Besides caducity resistance and immunity improvement,beta carotene is also an important pigment and confirmed as nutritious food additive. Beta carotene can be used as intensifying agent for lipid foods such as margarine salad oil and benne oil to help beta carotene absorption by human body.
Beta carotene's extractives contain abundant amino acid, vitamin, natural wet factor, microelement and other bioactive substances, and cosmetics (lipstick, kermes, etc.) added with beta carotene present natural and full color and luster and protect skin.
Beta carotene can improve growth rate and flesh quality of animals, reproductivity of cattle, horse and pig, color and luster of red fish and shrimp, and darken color of bird's egg.